Student Leadership Award
You are here
Marti Dense Leadership Award
At the heart of the Latina/o community at Cornell are some amazing leaders. In 2014, the 22nd Latino Unity Dinner Steering Committee felt there was a need to honor an exceptional student leader on campus. When considering whom to name this award after, the committee chose to honor someone who has given so much to the Cornell community and represented exceptional leadership within Cornell’s Latina/o community. Hence, on October 17th, 2014 at the 22nd Annual Latino Unity Dinner, the steering committee established the Marti Dense Leadership Award to be given to a student annually.
This annual award honors an exceptional student leader who has invested time, energy, passion and love in Cornell's Latina/o community. Through this service, the student leader must exemplify a strong dedication to empowering the Community and himself/herself.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 29, 2017
In honor of the 25th anniversary of the Latino Unity Dinner celebration, the essay must weave together the theme of “De Fortaleza y Esperanza/Of Strength and Hope” and how your personal experiences impacted or were impacted by the Latinx community at Cornell.
• Must be a Cornell University sophomore, junior or senior in good academic standing
• The winning recipient must be willing to present his or her essay at the Annual Latino Unity Dinner
• Updated resume reflecting your involvement within Cornell's Latina/o community
• Three to five page essay on the theme, “De Fortaleza y Esperanza/Of Strength and Hope"
• All documents must be submitted using this form https://orgsync.com/117764/forms/200672 by September 29, 2017.
Questions should be directed to:
Catherine Ramirez, Residential Hall Director, Latino Living Center, firstname.lastname@example.org