Student Leadership Award
Marti Dense Leadership Award
At the heart of the Latina/o community at Cornell are some amazing leaders. In 2014, the 22nd Latino Unity Dinner Steering Committee felt there was a need to honor an exceptional student leader on campus. When considering whom to name this award after, the committee chose to honor someone who has given so much to the Cornell community and represented exceptional leadership within Cornell’s Latina/o community. Hence, on October 17th, 2014 at the 22nd Annual Latino Unity Dinner, the steering committee established the Marti Dense Leadership Award to be given to a student annually.
This annual award honors an exceptional student leader who has invested time, energy, passion and love in Cornell's Latina/o community. Through this service, the student leader must exemplify a strong dedication to empowering the Community and himself/herself.
DEADLINE Wednesday, October 9, 2019 @ 11:59 pm.
In honor of the 27th Latino Unity Dinner celebration, the essay must weave together the theme of unity and leadership. your impact on Cornell's campus and the Latinx community.
- Must be a Cornell University sophomore, junior or senior in good academic standing
- The winning recipient must be willing to present his or her essay at the Annual Latino Unity Dinner
- Updated resume reflecting your involvement within Cornell's Latina/o community
- Essay must be a two-three pages on the theme of, “Unity and Leadership"
- Submissions can be literary art/writing you have done focusing on the theme(s) of unity and leadership in the form of an essay, photography, poetry, song, spoken-word, painting. If not a written piece, please add a max 200 word description/caption of how your piece speaks to the theme. Your work will be judged by how well it aligns with the theme regardless of its medium.
- All documents must be submitted by Wednesday, October 9, 2019 by 11:59 pm.